Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a test that tests all over India mainly global understanding of the candidates in the different areas of undergraduate Engineering / Technology / Architecture and graduate level courses in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a level of performance on a particular topic on the exam through several years. The score is used for admission to graduate programs (for example, ME, M. Tech and direct Ph.D)
Basic Features of GATE 2016:
- Exams for all 23 works will be carried out by a computerized test (CBT). The online examination will contain questions for which numerical answers must be introduced by the candidate with the virtual keyboard. Other questions will be multiple choice question (MCQ) type.
- Bio-metric information (fingerprints and photograph) to randomly selected candidates can be captured before the start of the test.
- GATE 2016 examination will be held during the morning sessions and afternoon on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between January 30, 2016 February 07, 2016. An examination of some of the items in GATE 2016 will be out in several sessions. The exact details full examination schedule respect will be notified at a later date.
- GATE 2016 for the whole process of filling the application form, the burden of certificates / documents, etc., will be online and candidates should not send any printed copy of your application form / documents, etc., to the Second Sc or any zonal GATE office IIT.
- Payment of application fees would be through electronically online and via payment in bank counters via e Challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process candidates can download their admit card 2016 GATE website. No printout of support cards sent to the candidates.