Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that tests on all the global understanding of the candidates in the different areas of undergraduate / Technology / Architecture and graduate level courses in Engineering Sciences engineering / Technology / Architecture and postgraduate level in science subjects.
Filling in Application Online
- GOAPS: GATE system online processing applications (website GOAPS) has http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in the web address can also be accessed from the website of the respective zonal GATE Office or from the website of the GATE 2016 Organizing Institute.
- Registration: A candidate must register first by providing a valid email address, mobile number and password GOAPS. All communications GATE Offices will be sent to this e-mail address (only one person can sign up with an email address). Give your personal mobile phone number, because the majority of communications can also be sent via SMS. GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Registration GOAPS. This password should be remembered along with tuition GOAPS ID to sign in GOAPS. It is highly recommended to choose a password that can not be easily guessed (should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easy to guess string of numbers or letters as 12345 or ABCD) recommends.
- GOAPS Enrollment ID: After registration, an email containing the registration GOAPS ID will be sent to the candidate. 4. Data requirements for completing the application: the following information when filling out the form GOAPS be required.
Data Requirement for Application Filling:The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number etc)
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
c) Eligibility degree details
d) College address, PIN code of college,
e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified, along with what type of photograph is accepted .
g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified
h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
k) Your net-banking details.
- Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data “Save” a partially full, “Exit” and resume filling entering again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and easier to use. Online help on using GOAPS is also available.
- Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
- Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
|Women candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1550|
GATE payments for 2016 would have to be done over the Internet by using Internet banking or debit card or e-Challan facilities. Additional charges will apply according to the rule of the bank where the money is transferred. This fee is specified in the payment gateway.